JOB TITLE: Commercial Account Executive
REPORTING TO: Director
• To provide a complete professional insurance advice and service to existing clients and to develop new business in the SME and Corporate Business sectors.
• To provide the highest standards of customer care, service and client retention.
• Achieve budget by meeting agreed targets for income retention on existing business.
• Identify and develop new business opportunities and again meet agreed Target Revenue.
• Liaise with Account Handler on collection of premiums.
• Ensure timely and accurate debiting of accounts on all relevant systems.
• Ensuring personal organisation and use of time is optimised, evaluating and adapting work schedules to optimise time and resources against changing priorities.
• Ensuring the company’s resources are used effectively and only to carry out legitimate company business or to promote the company’s best interests.
Customer Trading Relationships
• Maintain the company’s good standing and ethos by providing the highest level of professional advice and service, acting professionally and ethically at all times
• Maintain regular contact with clients to build strong, supportive and long-term relationships
• Ensure Service Standards are met at all times
• Respond to and handle complaints in a timely and efficient manner in accordance with FCA and internal requirements
• Ensure customer trading is carried out in line with company procedures as identified in the operating manual
• Ensure efficient management of daily business activities including the highest quality of file management.
• Ensure all reports and reviews are delivered to clients and account handlers as appropriate to the relevant operational procedures
• Ensure tasks and responsibilities are carried out effectively and thoroughly within timescales and deadlines.
• Actively participate in development and mentoring of junior colleagues.
Handling Client Premium / Payments
• Ensure payment methods and cash handling limits comply with company procedures
• monitor and keep up to date with technical and regulatory matters and act accordingly
• ensure personal awareness and understanding of internal standards and procedures.
• Maintain, develop and use where appropriate, professional, technical and specialist knowledge and skills related to the role
• Seek opportunities for personal development by way of formal qualifications (e.g. ACII/FCII), as appropriate for the job role
• Apply knowledge and skills to a variety of situations and issues, identifying linkages and relationships
• Keep abreast of and assess the impact of external (e.g. legal and regulatory) changes as they relate to own work role
• Demonstrate a depth and breadth of knowledge that enhances professional credibility
• Develop and maintain networks and formal channels within and outside the company to gain information and develop own breadth of awareness and understanding
• Recognise and sees opportunities for personal and professional development and growth.
• Complying with all company policies and procedures, including health and safety procedures.
• Carrying out any other functions deemed necessary for the effective operation of the Department.
Remuneration and Conditions of Employment
• Salary is negotiable, depending on qualifications and experience
• Hours of work are Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:15 p.m.
• 20 days annual leave plus 13 statutory days, with additional annual leave accruing based on length of service.
• Company Pension Schemes
• Eye care scheme
• The post holder will be required to undertake such internal and/or external training as deemed necessary by ABL.
JOB TITLE: Commercial Account Executive
Area Essential Desirable
Qualifications • Be in possession of, or working towards ACII or another recognised insurance qualification.
Experience • Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Insurance Account Executive or similar role.
• Proven track record of delivering high levels of customer service.
• Computer literate, with a working knowledge of computerised insurance systems. • Experience in a broking environment.
Driving Licence • Full, clean licence
Personal Attributes • Ability to communicate effectively at all levels using a variety of media.
• Confident and effective negotiator and problem-solver with the ability to influence at all levels.
• An effective, willing and enthusiastic team player.
• Self motivated with the ability to manage own workloads and act on own initiative to achieve set targets
• Possesses the energy, enthusiasm and ability to work within a demanding environment that requires a hands-on approach.
The company have the right to increase the essential criteria where a large number of candidates meet both the essential and desirable criteria.